Location Chicago, Illinois, United States of America Category Medical Center Support Job Id R0015878
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Positions patient under X-ray machine, adjusts immobilization devices, and provides appropriate radiation protection; adjusts switches regulating length and intensity of exposure
- Performs a variety of patient care activities to assist physicians including procedures, EKG's, phlebotomy and injections.
- Prepares reports and maintains records of services rendered; maintains radiological film files and storage, pulls X-rays as required for referrals and/or copying; keeps logs for x-rays sent out for referrals. Keeps an updated log that consolidates X-rays performed against reports received.
- Maintains supplies, equipment, practices OSHA safety standards, performs accurate, legal and ethical documentation at all times.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have excellent oral written and communication skills and empathy towards our patients at all times.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team members, including doctors, nurses, front desk staff, center managers and market leaders.
- Mindset focused on solving problems for patients and achieving team goals. Knowledge of medical products, services, standards, policies and procedures.
- Skill in operating phones, personal computer, software and other IT systems.
- Must be detail-oriented to ensure accuracy of reports and data.
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow.
- Ability to act calmly in busy or stressful situations.
- This position may require some local travel as it may be assigned to cover multiple centers.
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entrepreneurial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Graduate from an accredited program for Radiological Technology or Basic X-Ray Machine Operator required; Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program preferred.
- Two (2) years X-ray Technologist experience in a corresponding setting is preferred. EMR system experience is preferred.
- Licensed and/or certified if required by state regulations. CPR for Healthcare providers required.
The X-Ray Technician is a trained medical professional performing radiological duties in compliance with regulatory and departmental requirements. The duties of the X-ray Technician vary from setting to setting, depending on the size, location and type. The X-ray Technician will perform radiographic exams, ordered by the physician, that are technically satisfactory, properly positioned and processed adequately. All exams must be performed using the ALARA principle to minimize radiation dose to the patient.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)