WOUND OSTOMY & CONTINENCE RN
The primary purpose of the Certified Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurse position is: The licensed and certified CWOCN BS RN renders professional and technical Wound, Ostomy, and continence nursing to patients; Provides direct and indirect patient care using the nursing process (evaluation, treatment planning and implementation, ongoing re-assessment and discharge planning)
Your Job Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited baccalaureate professional nursing program required.
- Current BCLSCurrent
- CWOCN certification by Wound, Ostomy Continence Nursing Certification Board (WOCNCB) or pursuit of certification within 1 year.
- Current Texas RN license
- High level of energy and motivation
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision following probation period
- Work Experience: Two (2) years recent, relevant nursing experience as licensed BS RN
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Assuring the Program objectives are successfully implemented and coordinated for all wound, ostomy and continence issues including but not limited to wound, ostomy and continence skin issue assessment, plan of care development, coordination of care, and discharge planning for patients with wound, ostomy and continence issues.
- Assists Wound Committee in development of Standards of Practice for managing patients with wounds, ostomy and incontinence issues.
- Works with educators to educate and train the nursing staff on wound assessment, treatments, reporting and documentation of progress.
- Works directly and in collaboration with the physicians and coordinates schedule with team members appropriately and efficiently as part of the Wound Care Team for Methodist Health Systems.
- Responsible for relationships with wound, ostomy and continence care product vendors, central supply services, and other Methodist Health Systems wound care teams and projects as they relate to inpatient and outpatient Wound Care Program.
- Maintains approved National Specialty Certification and advanced training in this clinical specialty. This role is expected to support the vision, mission, and strategic plan and goals for Methodist Health Systems.