Wound Care Clinician, PRN- Piedmont Mountainside Hospital
Job Number: 1055862
Piedmont Mountainside Hospital - Jasper, Georgia
Responsible for the assessment, evaluation, and treatment of patients, specifically those with acute and/or chronic wounds, ostomy management and education as well as management of fistulae, tubes, skin, and incontinence issues. Works in conjunction with physicians, nursing staff and ancillary staff to evaluate, propose, plan and perform patient assessment and treatments.
- Provides professional wound care/ ostomy services to all age groups, to ensure quality of patient care.
- Maintains patient record including assessments, plans of care, and progress notes, documenting patient response to care and patient education. Uses objective data with clear and concise language in the patient record.
- Provides direct patient care, utilizing techniques appropriate for patients from pediatrics to geriatrics. Demonstrates skills and accuracy in performing patient care, conducting tests and measurements as appropriate)
- Assists with patient discharge planning.
- Educates patients, families, significant others, and other medical personnel.
- Assists with managing costs, quality and outcomes on a continuous basis.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate of an accredited school in the field of Nursing, Physical Therapy, or Occupational Therapy.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Two years of clinical experience required.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
BCLS certified with current licensure in the State of Georgia as a Physical Therapist, Registered Nurse, or Occupational Therapist. Must maintain CEU's as required by the state.
Minimum Bachelor's degree preferred. Two (2) years of clinical experience in wound/ostomy care and management preferred. Certified Wound Specialist (CWS) or Certified Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse (CWOCN) preferred. Experience working in research, analysis of data, and editing collateral preferred.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Excellence at Work
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.
© 2021 Piedmont Healthcare