WORKDAY RELEASE & TESTING LEAD
In this highly technical, fast-paced, and challenging position, you'll collaborate with multidisciplinary Workday team members to provide the very best care for our patients. This position is responsible for the overall Release Management strategy, providing lifecycle support of the bi-annual Workday releases, supporting improvement/optimization projects that are between the formal Workday releases. This includes development, oversight and management of the testing cycles.
Your Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or related field is required.
- Formal training in project management practices preferred
- 3+ years working in the Workday infrastructure handling release management and quality assurance testing in a Lead role.
- Functional understanding of the Workday solution (HCM, Financials, Payroll, and SCM)
- Proven analytical, organizational, project management, problem-solving, and issue-resolution skills in a cross-functional team environment; strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, written/verbal communication, listening, and partnering skills with both technical and functional end users.
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams to deliver projects within the constraints of schedule, budget, and scope.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Apply a standard methodology to projects in order to meet requirements and deliverables.
- Responsible for reviewing Workday’s bi-annual releases (roadmap), working cross-functionally to determine potential impacts, and coordinating the maintenance and proper storage of all documentation for compliance purposes.
- Responsible for maintaining overall release plans including release windows and cycles across the Workday portfolios including release coordination across Workday and associated applications.
- Responsible for maintaining overall testing plans including coordination of testing cycles across the Workday portfolios associated applications.
- Manage tenants in coordination with release plans and improvement/optimization projects that are between the formal Workday releases.
- Strong understanding of change management principles and ability to naturally integrate the appropriate change management steps, including training, into project delivery to support adoption planning across all sub-functional areas for Workday.
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes.
- Lead Workday testing efforts for releases and changes between releases including developing and maintaining a test scenario library to support testing efforts.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure Workday releases are delivered on time and that they meet or exceed expectations.
- Simultaneously manage Workday requests, balancing resources, priorities, and timelines.
- Monitor the Workday release process, collecting feedback from the different teams and making improvements on a regular basis to the Workday release process.
- Take initiative for your professional growth.
- Be engaged and eager to build a winning team.
Additional Information: Methodist Health System is a highly revered, leading nonprofit healthcare organization in Dallas, Texas. Named on of the fastest-growing health systems in America by Modern Healthcare, Methodist will soon include 11 hospitals, either through ownership or affiliation. Our wholly owned and full-service hospitals include Methodist Dallas, Methodist Charlton, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson Medical Centers; Methodist Richardson -- Campus for Continuing Care; and, opening fall 2020 Methodist Midlothian Medical Center. Our affiliated physician organization is Methodist Medical Group, which includes more than 50 healthcare clinics, two concierge medicine clinics, an urgent care clinic and a virtual care platform known as MethodistNOW. At Methodist, we strive to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve -- one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we've earned:
- Magnet® designations for Methodist Dallas, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson
- A Best Place to Work 15 years straight by the Dallas Business Journal
- A 150 Great Places to Work in Health care nine years in a row by Becker's Hospital Review
- Military Friendly Employer
- One of three 2019 Top Healthcare Diversity Organizations in the U.S.
- Ranked No. 2 on DiversityInc's List of Top Hospitals and Health Systems in America, 2018
- First member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, since 2015
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist