PT BE 20-39 HRS
TodayRequisition ID: 1461
The Program Nutritionist provides nutrition services to WIC applicants and participants.
Position is full time (36 hours weekly, schedule is Tuesday- Saturday (Saturday 9am-1pm), must also be able to work at least one evening until 7pm.
- Provides nutrition care to high-risk women, infants and children under the supervision of the senior nutritionist, including all aspects of:
- Anthropometric and hematological data collection
- Dietary assessment, nutritional risk assessment and food package prescription
- Nutrition and breastfeeding counseling and education
- Documentation and data entry
- Referrals to other health and social services
- Follow-up nutrition education
- Participates in planning, development and evaluation of:
- Educational materials and group nutrition education sessions
- Participant counseling and education strategies
- Nutrition in-services and outreach activities
- Nutrition policies
- Assists senior nutritionist in:
- Training paraprofessional WIC staff
- Conducting quality assurance activities
- Communicates with health care community on issues pertaining to participant needs.
- Provides nutrition care for low-risk applicants and participants as needed.
- Assists in the training of WIC Program Assistants.
- Participates in quality assurance activities.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Public Health Nutrition, Nutrition, Foods and Nutrition, or Nutrition Education
- Master's degree in Public Health Nutrition, Nutrition, or Food and Nutrition preferred
- Registration with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, or licensure with the Massachusetts Board of Registration of Dietitians and Nutritionists preferred
- One year of experience in clinical or community nutrition preferred
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making capabilities
- Excellent communications skills
- Interest in nutrition and maternal child health
Harbor Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.