BestHealth for Business is seeking a Wellness RN to work at an employer-based on-site family practice clinic located in the Davie County area. The key objective is to develop positive relationships by creating value through onsite protocol-driven care, onsite direct patient care within a clinic setting, health coaching, education with wellness programming. The Wellness RN performs duties and conducts interpersonal relationships in a manner designed to project a positive image of the client and the BestHealth for Business department. Candidate must be able to communicate effectively at all levels throughout an organization and ensure that all business is conducted in a timely, confidential, courteous & professional manner. Some early mornings and early evenings required. No weekends and no Holidays.
Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing with a Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Health Promotion, Health Education, Nursing, Athletic Training, Nutrition, other health related field, or counseling with two years' experience as a wellness coach required. Previous work in Wellness, Public Health, Health Education, Nutrition or Health Promotion required.
REPORTS TO: Nurse Manager
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION.
Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) from the State of North Carolina and Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required. Valid North Carolina driver's license required. Certified Health & Wellness Coach preferred.
1. Collaborates with other departments ensuring employees are connected through the Medical Center to receive appropriate care and programs.
2. Formulates individualized programs based on health risk assessment results while targeting high need departments with programs and interventions and adjusting programs as needed.
3. Performs annual physicals and placement examinations, completes screenings, testing and reports results, completes follow-up exams, return to work exams and consultation.
4. Coordinates client referrals to other providers. Performs follow-up evaluations of employees with detailed documentation of progress. Documents in each employee's medical record (WakeOne), wellness portal and data analytics tools.
5. Participates in formal classes for groups of employees. Coordinates health fairs, conducts training sessions for regulatory requirements.
6. Collects and interprets data on one on ones and program offerings assuring tabulations of utilization and evaluations are timely and thoroughly documented.
7. Provides one-on-one counseling/coaching with clients. Provides and interprets screening services as needed consulting the client with results and actions to take.
8. Consults with employees regarding health awareness, education and care navigation.
9. Consults with internal and external partners to provide care navigation. Builds teams and partnerships.
10. Ensures a safe working environment for self and coworkers by following regulatory agency and organizational policies and procedures.
11. Adheres to the general Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center Community Physician?s standards to promote a cooperative working environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships, and team building.
12. Performs other responsibilities within job class as requested by the Nurse/Health Coach.
13. Able to work within electronic medical record and other software solutions to register patients, document visits and health education.
14. Travel to multiple locations within NC, VA.
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels throughout an organization
Ensures business is conducted in a timely, confidential, courteous, and professional manner
Knowledge of specific disease and lifestyle related topics such as smoking cessation, weight management, nutrition, stress reduction and chronic conditions
Optimistic, understanding, innovative, conscientious
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, employees, and the public
Clean, well-lit and comfortable environment
Low noise environment
Subject to high client flow, varied needs for programs/offerings
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.