State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Req ID: 40840BR
Job Summary: Reporting to the Manager, Web Editing, the Web Editor will provide editorial and technical oversight of Beth Israel Lahey Health's web-based platforms. The Web Editor will ensure Beth Israel Lahey Health's web presence is consistent with the organizational brand through management of content and visual presentation. Collaborates with marketing, corporate communications, and information technology colleagues in support of marketing and communications strategies and plans. Provides strategic input on consumer experience throughout all Beth Israel Lahey Health digital properties.
- Update, maintain and improve content and functionality on internet and intranet sites as they relate to presentation, access, navigation and functionality.
- Support the development of web materials by collecting information from internal customers and coordinating any necessary programming and pre-testing the site in development phase.
- Ensure accurate and timely posting of written and visual web content on various organizational websites utilizing a variety of content management systems.
- Create primary landing pages and microsites for key digital marketing initiatives.
- Provide expertise in areas such as site accessibility, design, navigation and functionality, and site content.
- Implement ongoing, timely and reliable mechanisms for reviewing site content and obtaining updates, as necessary.
- Provide strategic direction and collaborate with internal IT department and external vendors on initiatives of site design and enhancement activities.
- Oversee monitoring website and intranet performance and analytics, providing usage and campaign performance report
- Triages and troubleshoots issues that arise in day-to-day operations. Serves as a member of the Marketing & Communications On-Call Team, which operates on a rotating schedule.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5-8 years related work experience required in Managing digital properties for large, complex organizations..
- Ability to work with a variety of content management tools adding, changing, deleting content and troubleshooting as necessary. Requires excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience managing numerous social media and multimedia channels. Experience with Google Analytics. SEO and SEM experience and knowledge.
Knowledge of user interface design principles, web design best practices and graphic creation.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Experience working with mobile web design, responsive design and/or social media integration.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply