Vascular Technologist I
Job ID: 95948
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 5 – 8 hour day shifts weekly
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Vascular Technologist I
Full Time – Day Shift Mon-Fri
Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a world class 800-bed, Magnet designated Academic Medical Center.
We are looking for talented professionals to join our vascular team at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
The Noninvasive Vascular Laboratory (the “Blood flow lab”) at the University of Maryland Medical Center is one of the key components of the Maryland Vascular Center. As a member or our staff you will perform a full range of noninvasive testing that allows our patients to be examined utilizing Doppler ultrasound techniques free of the risks and discomforts of injections and/or other invasive maneuvers. This noninvasive testing allows diagnosis of almost all known or suspected vascular disorders and can often determine the severity of problems or the need for treatment. Tests are performed using continuous wave Doppler, Duplex Ultrasound machines, Photoplethysmography (PPG) machines, and related equipment.
As a Team Member at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $5,000 per year for your graduate degree.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
What You Need to Be Successful:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) is required. Graduation from an AMA approved program in diagnostic ultrasound technology, preferred. Certification as a Registered Vascular Technologist, preferred, or certification eligibility.
- One year work experience performing vascular ultrasound testing preferred. Additional technical experience in a hospital setting preferred.
Ability to listen to and view blood flow velocity and wave forms for the detection of obstructions, explain disease patterns and write preliminary interpretations of test results for nursing personnel and physicians, and participate in vascular research, gathering data or other designated activities under the supervision of the Medical Director for the Vascular Laboratory.
- Graduation from an AMA approved program in diagnostic ultrasound technology is preferred.
- Possess a certification as a Registered Vascular Technologist, or be eligible to obtain certification.
- A minimum of two years work experience performing vascular ultrasound testing is required. Additional technical experience in a hospital setting preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Working with staff to understand the clinical environment and how patients respond to illness brings me joy to my life. It has helped to enrich my professional career, and hopefully I have helped to enrich the professional lives of others.
All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW