Utility Worker Dietary
Job ID: 91973
Area of Interest: Service
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 7:30am-4pm Alt. W/E W/E 11am-7:30pm-Retail
Job Facility: UMMC Midtown Campus
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Utility Worker Dietary
Full– Day 7:30am-4pm/11am-7:30pm Alternate Weekends
We are looking for talented professionals to join our team at University of Maryland Medical Center – Midtown Campus.
University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus has had a long history of working to keep our community healthy. Located in Baltimore’s cultural center near the historic Mount Vernon neighborhood, UMMC Midtown Campus is a 200-bed non-profit, community teaching hospital, and part of the University of Maryland Medical System.
When you join or team, you’ll become a part of a close-knit group of more than 1,000 staff. Our team is focused on delivering the best care possible to every patient and to supporting each other.
Maintains the Food and Nutrition Services Department in a safe and sanitary condition by cleaning, mopping emptying trash, washing pots, and ensuring overall cleanliness procedures are followed.
- Keeps all pots, pans and utensils washed and stored in an organized and safe manner. Maintain sanitation of pot rack, garbage disposal, food flap and walls in the pot area.
- Sweeps and mops floors daily throughout production, salad, trayline areas, storerooms, hallways and offices of the Food and Nutrition Services Department. Follows proper procedures for mopping floors.
- Removes trash and boxes, breaks down boxes and puts in compactor. Keeps trash cans and dumpsters clean.
- Keeps coolers, freezers and storage areas cleaned and organized.
- Transports food and supplies as need to catering functions and to Cafeteria. Removes left over foods and empty pans from Cafeteria.
- Changes grease in deep fryer on a weekly basis.
- Sets up dishmachine and delimes on a weekly basis (on the weekend).
- Receives and stores deliveries. Rotates supplies.
- Follows daily/weekly cleaning list.
- Covers, labels, dates and stores away leftovers in blast chiller.
- Stocks milk chest and removes empty milk crates and takes to loading dock.
- Cleans all kitchen equipment daily – to include kettles, steamers, flat top, lowerator, grills, ovens, and hoods.
- Delivers PM catering functions and sets up.
- Wears proper attire designed by dress code. Consistently wears I.D. Badge.
- Demonstrates the use of equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
As a member of the Midtown Campus team, you’ll experience:
- A competitive pay scale
- A collaborative and compassionate environment
- Comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental and vision
- Generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, retirement contributions and more!
When we say “our community” we mean it.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Food service experience preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I've been with the University of Maryland Medical System for 10 years. And I've been with Shore Regional Health for all of those 10 years. And what has kept me with Shore Regional Health is the fact that we have been able to become one with the University of Maryland Medical System. And so becoming part of this larger network has given us access to resources and groups of providers and technology and efficiency in our processes here on Eastern Shore that we wouldn't have otherwise had. And so this collaboration and this becoming one with the University of Maryland Medical System has been really what's been able to allow us to achieve our goal here at Shore Regional Health, which is that of creating healthier communities.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW