Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the Utility Specialist is responsible for the overall performance (uptime/downtime/service quality) of facility utilities and the safe operation and maintenance of the incorporated assets (equipment) to meet patient comfort measures and department goals. All work to be performed in accordance with regulatory requirements and department procedures.
1) High school education or equivalent
2) Associate degree or two years of Vocational Technical training in mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
1) Five years full time experience with utilities and asset maintenance in large public setting – healthcare experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Demonstrated proficiency in mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
2) Ability to work with software applications (BAS, Office Suite, Outlook, etc)
3) Ability to trouble shoot equipment problems and determine root cause of failures
4) Exhibits good cooperation with management, such as a positive response to applicable improvement issues found in performance reviews or elsewhere; a positive response to instructions or work assignments; a positive approach to improving skills, communications, and productivity
5) Ability to work from ladders and scaffolding and to work overhead and in cramped quarters
6) Ability to communicate and collaborate with other persons within department and with employees from other departments
7) Ability to manage priorities and work efforts across shifts and with contractors
8) Demonstrated initiative and commitment to continuous improvement objectives
9) Ability to recognize patient and staff surroundings and work in a clean, quiet and respectful manner
1) None required
Receives direct supervision from the Maintenance Manager and general supervision from the Director of Maintenance