UNIVERSAL MECHANIC I
Job ID: 87254
Area of Interest: Service
Location: Cheverly,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F 7:30 am -4:00 pm
Job Facility: University of Maryland Capital Region
Employment Type: Not Indicated
What You Will Do:
Performs, repairs and installs domestic, sewer, steel, copper, plastic and other piping systems; including Power Plant and HVAC Systems:
- Repairs existing systems.
- Installs new systems and makes system modifications as needed. Carpentry: Performs wall, ceiling, floor, doors and general carpentry tasks as needed.
- Repairs carpentry system throughout the Facility.
- Installs new construction as needed .
Electrical Equipment: Ability to perform electrical work on the Facility and equipment systems, including Power Plant and HVAC Systems.
- ·Repairs electrical equipment and Building systems.
- Installs new electrical systems.
- Troubleshoots all Facility and equipment systems,
Medical Equipment: Services, inspects, inventories and installs medical equipment
- Repairs/Services medical equipment as needed .
- Inspects for proper operations and user errors.
- Preventive Maintenance (Performs as needed)
- Coordinates contractors as assigned. Maintains contractor P.M. /Service Log Book.
Grounds: Ability to work grounds as needed:
- Snow Removal (Perform as needed)
- Equipment repairs on all grounds equipment as assigned.
- Grounds Maintenance of shrubs, plants, grass and cleaning as needed.
- Coordinates contractors on grounds projects.
Painting: Ability to perform projects and repairs on the Facility and Equipment rooms.
- Wallpaper (Installs and Repairs)
- Painting walls and equipment rooms as needed.
- Painting equipment throughout the Facility.
- Clean up before and after all painting projects
General Repairs: Ability to perform General Repairs as assigned.
- Furniture repairs as assigned.
- Beds/Hospital equipment (Performs as assigned)
- General Repairs as needed throughout the Facility and equipment.
Preventive Maintenance: Ability to perform Preventive Maintenance as assigned.
- P.M.’s all trades and equipment as assigned.
- Completes on schedule all assigned P.M.s
- Performs P.M. with quality and system reliability.
- Attends all mandatory education sessions as required by regulatory agencies, i.e. JCAHO, OSHA, EPA, etc.
- Participates in other educational activities for self- growth and professional development.
Parts and Supply Procurement: Ability to layout and request all materials and parts needed for projects and repairs.
- Ability to list supplies needed for projects and repairs.
- Follows up on ordered parts and informs customer.
- Ability to order parts and maintain schedules with vendor, contractor or storeroom attendant.
Performs as Lead Person:
- Leads shift employee teams as assigned.
- Leads on Assigned Projects.
- Leads Contractors on projects.
- Leads in emergency situations.
What You Need to Be Successful:
One Journeyman or master level trade license as needed by the department at the time of hire (i.e. electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, A/C, welder, etc.) Experience in servicing/repairing/installing plumbing, carpentry, electrical, medical equipment, grounds, painting, general repairs, preventive maintenance, parts and supply procurement, troubleshooting on entire Facility as well as be the lead person when needed.
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on