JOB SUMMARY: Supports assigned unit by performing clerical duties such as secretarial, receptionist and other designated activities. Provides indirect care following physician and nursing orders to achieve the highest standards of age/developmentally specific care.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Completion of a unit secretary course or equivalent preferred. Clerical experience preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: N/A
1. Completes clerical duties for patient scheduling, admissions, procedures, transfers, surgeries,
discharges and deaths under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
2. Handles and screens incoming calls and transmits messages as necessary.
3. Contributes to a safe, secure and therapeutic environment for patients, visitors, physicians and co-
workers by following established procedures.
4. Ensures complete, confidential, accurate, and timely communication of patient information.
5. Completes requisitions, data entry, and nursing communication forms.
6. Communicates to the team, co-workers, patients and family members in an effective, positive and
7. Takes personal responsibility and initiative for performance, professional growth and development.
8. Conducts work in an organized, quiet, efficient manner and demonstrates ability to cope with stressful
9. Completes assigned unit responsibilities and assists other staff members in completion of their
duties when time permits.
10.Provides age/developmental appropriate patient care in accordance with Age/Developmental Specific
Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
Basic computer skills
Strong oral and written communication skills
Performs effectively with frequent workload changes and competing demands
Ability to develop transcription skills
Interaction with multiple levels of staff and departments
Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
Possible exposure to infections and contagious diseases
Subject to multiple interruptions
Long periods on a computer
Possible exposure to cleaning agents/chemicals
Occasionally subject to irregular hours
Amount of time spent performing the following activities:
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.