Unit Secretary - Radiology Special Procedures in Warrenton, VA at Fauquier Health
Date Posted: 11/11/2021
- Employee Type:
Day shift, 7-10 hr/shift, weekdays only
- Job Type:
Fauquier Health is a Planetree-designated facility and serves the residents of Fauquier and several surrounding counties. It comprises: Fauquier Hospital, a fully-accredited, 97-bed hospital; Fauquier Health Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, a 115-bed long-term care and rehabilitation facility; the Villa at Suffield Meadows, an assisted living facility; the Wound Health Center and a medically supervised Wellness Center offering health and wellness programs. For more information please visit: https://www.fauquierhealth.org/
The Unit Support Specialist independently performs all clerical and receptionist duties to coordinate the activities of the department, including the management and analysis of data and reports, the registration and scheduling of patients for tests and procedures, recommending and implementing process improvements, etc.
- Answers telephone promptly and courteously, takes accurate and complete messages, forwards, or answers inquiries as appropriate. Demonstrates accuracy in preparing correspondence, reports, and messages.
- Ensures supplies, equipment, and work environment are kept clean, well-stocked, and always organized.
- Accurately orders and receives all patient supplies, e.g. dietary, equipment, as directed. Coordinates the supply order with fiscal responsibility.
- Compiles download of data for reporting purposes as assigned. Creates and maintains documents as is needed, to include forms, files, rosters, publications, grids, spreadsheets, etc. I
- Provides a positive interface with internal and external customers.
- Coordinates activities as is necessary with patients, physician offices, and other departments.
- Schedules appointments, procedures, and all other patient services in a timely manner.
- Reports perceived needs of the unit to department leader, i.e., staffing concerns, scheduling issues, equipment problems, etc. Provides leadership on projects as is appropriate.
- Prepares and maintains medical records to include necessary chart forms, affixes patient labels, and scans applicable documents. Accurately enters, verifies, and/or transmits patient charges as assigned. Develops and maintains familiarity of registration processes and insurance requirements.
- Collects and files reports and appropriate information. Maintains unit manuals (i.e., MSDS, physician privileges, operational manuals, etc.).
High school diploma or equivalent required
Minimum Work Experience:
2 years of experience, one year in a hospital.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 80 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc.
Positions identified are with subsidiary hospitals and subsidiary physician practices of LifePoint Health, Inc. Similarly, recruitment and placement services for these positions are conducted by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Any applications received will be directed to the applicable entities.