Job ID: 82453
Area of Interest: Clerical
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 8am-4:30 pm or 9 am- 5:30 pm
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
- Provides a customer oriented reception and information service for patients, visitors, family members and patient care providers. Coordinates messages and information to and from patients and patient care providers. Establishes effective, customer oriented relationships with internal staff, patients, visitors and healthcare providers.
- Ensures the integrity, completeness and confidentiality of the patient record, includes compiling and ensuring completeness at discharge and transfer, according to standards set by Medical Records. Files patient information appropriately, and notifies appropriate staff members of new information that affects patient care or patient flow.
- Accesses, enters and manages clinical information, including orders and requisitions, summary reports and other information.
- Coordinates patient appointments and transportation and ensures that information about patient activities, appointments and requests is appropriately routed and acted upon.
- Coordinates the movement of supplies, equipment, nourishment, laboratory specimens, and other patient care and administrative materials to and from the unit in an appropriate and timely manner. Orders, receives and distributes mail and supplies. Coordinates the ordering of online forms.
- Provides clerical support activities (typing, filing, photocopying, mailing, census reconciliation, errands) as requested.
- Provides support activities related to the electronic medical record (to include but not limited to, verifying physician attending in electronic medical record with the plate and taking corrective actions to update as needed, A/D/T notifications, pull-up of patient lists, physician order monitoring and notification of nursing staff, label management, contacting helpdesk as needed, and providing support during down times).
- Maintains the order and appearance of public areas (nurse’s station, patient areas, etc.). Notifies support services when there are issues related to housekeeping or facilities maintenance. Follow up on identified issues and assures action is taken.
What You Need to Be Successful:
High school diploma or state High School Equivalency Certificate (GED). Six months of general office experience. Experience in a patient care or service setting is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on