Ultrasound Technologist, Part Time, High Point Medical Center
Part Time: 25 hours a week
Schedule: Monday 8-1; Tuesday-Thursday 9-1; Friday 8-4:30; On Call and Holiday Rotation
Prepares and operates ultrasound equipment to perform diagnostic and invasive procedures with Radiologist's guidance of various parts of the human body.
Associate's degree or completion of a two year approved program
One year ultrasound technologist experience preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
ARDMS or ARRT required
BLS American Heart Association
Wake Forest Baptist Health:
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a pre-eminent academic health system based in Winston Salem, North Carolina. Wake Forest Baptist’s two main components are an integrated clinical system- anchored by Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, an 885-bed tertiary-care hospital in Winston Salem – that included Brenner Children’s Hospital, five community hospitals, and more than 350 primary and specialty care locations and more than 2,500 physicians; and Wake Forest School of Medicine, a recognized leader in experimental medical education and groundbreaking research that include Wake Forest Innovations, a commercialization enterprise focused on advancing health care through new medical technologies and biomedical discovery.
1. Carefully considers the needs of the patients when selecting and applying appropriate procedures, techniques, equipment and communications.
2. Produces diagnostic quality images to include proper positioning, correct technical factors, collimation and patient identification which will be monitored by Radiologist complaints and through random QC audits; assists with and provide images for needle localization.
3. Patiently and clearly explains procedures to the patient prior to any exam to reduce anxiety and enhance cooperation.
4. Follows Radiation Protection Policies to avoid unnecessary exposure to the public and to self as evidenced by receiving no more than two-level II readings per year.
5. Maintains a clean well-stocked and organized work area and notifies appropriate personnel when stock needs replenishing.
6. Consistently performs accurate and complete quality assurance procedures in appropriate software prior to submitting the study to the Radiologist.
7. Verifies the identity of the patient and ensures that the correct procedure is administered; obtains a relevant patient history and/or examination data and evaluates for discrepancies; Follows up with physician if necessary.
8. Consistently and accurately enters exam data information and charges in RIS and PACS by the completion of the shift.
9. Properly operates equipment to obtain accurate measurements.
10. Demonstrates proficient knowledge of cross sectional anatomy required in the proper scanning procedure to produce quality diagnostic images.
11. Transports patients as needed.
12. Upholds a professional working relationship at all times and adheres to department rules.
13. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Communicates effectively and courteously on the telephone and in person with patients and colleagues
Knowledge of computer systems and applications
Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and protocols
Knowledge of common safety hazards and universal precautions to establish a safe work environment
Ability to communicate on a professional level with physicians, nurses, and other ancillary professional staff
Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships with public, patients, physicians, and other medical center staff
Generates a work atmosphere that maintains a positive attitude toward teamwork
Combination of medical office and exam/procedure room settings
Well-lighted, well-ventilated, and adequate space
Frequent exposure to diseases, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.