Triage/Staff Nurse II Infectious Diseases "Job Details"
North Wilkesboro, NC, United States
- 204 Jefferson St, North Wilkesboro, NC, 28659, US
11/01/2021, 08:15 AM
Triage/Staff Nurse II – Infectious Disease Clinic at Wilkes
This position would initially staff the Infectious Disease Clinic at Wilkes 3 half days per week and the other 70% would be dedicated to triage support for the OPAT program. The triage support will be done remotely.
Independently plans and provides professional nursing care for patients in the ambulatory clinic settings in accordance with the medical and nursing plans of care and established policies and procedures. Provides nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. Directs and leads other assigned team members and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to provide age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with nursing standards of care and practice.
- Provides patient/family centered care, acting as partner and adviser, assists and supports patients and families to optimally manage their health care, respecting their culture and values, individual needs, health goals and treatment preferences
• Applies critical reasoning and astute clinical judgment in order to expedite appropriate care and treatment, especially given that the patient may be present with complex problems or potentially life threatening conditions. Uses critical thinking in clinical problem-solving relative to the scope of practice, knowledge, competency, and experience.
• Applies critical reasoning and astute clinical judgment in order to expedite appropriate care and treatment, especially given that the patient may present with complex problems or potentially life threatening conditions.
• Ensures proper scheduling and follow up on test results for providers. Uses active listening skills, approved protocols, and evidence based practice in explaining test results and medications to patients.
• Applies the provisions of the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Nurses to professional obligations and for the patients entrusted to their care.
• Participates in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings. Demonstrates the ability to function in a professional setting through active participation in a professional practice model. Includes participating in shared governance, adherence to standards of care, participation in peer review and professional development promoting leadership and clinical excellence, effective team skills, autonomous practice and acknowledgment of accountability for actions and critical thinking. Pursues lifelong learning that updates and expands clinical, organizational, professional roles and responsibilities.
• Facilitates continuity of care using the nursing process, multidisciplinary collaboration, and coordination of appropriate health care services and community resources across the care continuum. Interacts with patients during face-to-face encounters or through a variety of telecommunication strategies, often establishing long term relationships.
• Applies the provisions of the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Nurses to their own professional obligations and for the patients entrusted to their care. Participates in their own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings. Demonstrates the ability to function in a professional setting through active participation in a professional practice model. Includes participating in shared governance, adherence to standards of care, participation in peer review and professional development promoting leadership and clinical excellence, effective team skills, autonomous practice and acknowledgment of accountability for actions and critical thinking. Pursues lifelong learning that updates and expands their clinical, organizational, and professional roles and responsibilities
• Focuses on patient safety and the quality of nursing care by applying appropriate nursing interventions, such as identifying and clarifying patient needs, performing procedures, conducting health education, promoting patient advocacy, coordinating nursing and other health services, assisting the patient to navigate the health care system, and evaluating patient outcomes.
• Adapts personal communication style to meet the needs of the patient in diverse personal, professional, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
• Demonstrates exceptional assessment, critical thinking, and customer service skills.
• Provides leadership in the clinical setting and provides operational accountability for and coordination of nursing services, including the appropriate skill mix and delegation of roles and responsibilities for licensed and unlicensed nursing personnel.
• Designs, administers, and evaluates nursing services within the organization in accord with relevant federal requirements, state laws and nurse practice acts, regulatory standards, and institutional policies and procedures.
• Participates in regular team meetings and continuous quality improvement activities.
• Maintains knowledge of care teams for coordination of patient care, self-management, and population management and communication skill.
• Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.