Providence Health has two campus locations. Providence Health's main campus is located in the heart of downtown Columbia. The 258-bed hospital is best known for its expertise in cardiac care and serves as a nationally-recognized referral center for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. Located near Highway 77 in Northeast Columbia, Providence Health Northeast, is a 74-bed full-service hospital with special focus on neurosurgery, orthopedic care, and emergency services. For more information on Providence Health please visit:
Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven by quality, compassion, and Christ, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Heart – Laurel Street are looking for a skilled Triage RN to join our team to assist with Triage. The ideal candidate will triage patient needs by answering incoming calls, calling in prescriptions & scheduling appointments as needed in our front office. You will also on occasion rotate into the back clinical area to work “hands-on” with patients, taking their history/vitals & giving vaccinations all while working with our amazing providers.
Providence Medical Group's team of cardiologists are known throughout the Midlands for providing top quality cardiac care, and not just by the patients and other physicians. Our cardiologists are recognized industry-wide for their success treatment of heart disease. In fact, Providence cardiologists are repeatedly selected by device developers to introduce cardiovascular products and procedures to the Midlands because of our strict commitment to quality and history of successful outcomes for the patient.
For more information about the services provided and Physicians at Providence Heart, click here.
- Triage patient needs by answering incoming calls, calling in prescriptions & scheduling appointments as needed in our front office.
- Demonstrates ability to assist in monitoring patients physiological, psychosocial, and environmental needs. Makes nursing judgments based on these findings.
- Interprets clinical findings and correlates with patient’s condition.
- Provides input into an individualized Plan of Care involving patient and/or family in this process.
- Continually assist with monitoring patients' needs and condition.
- Demonstrates ability to set appropriate priorities.
- Performs nursing procedures safely, efficiently and skillfully, according to hospital policies and procedures. Obtains direction from Scope of Services and departmental specific competencies and/or assistance with unfamiliar procedures and/or equipment from Scopes of Services and department specific competencies. This includes Point of Care Testing Competencies.
- Assigns aspects of patient care to other nursing staff according to patient needs and staff qualification. Performs nursing procedures safely, efficiently, and skillfully according to hospital policies and procedures (obtains direction and/or assistance with unfamiliar procedures and/or equipment).
- Promotes and maintains patient/employee privacy and confidentiality.
Minimum Work Experience
Minimum of one year work experience in public contact job, preferably service related. Experience or interest in triage.
Graduate of an accredited RN school.
Licensed or eligible for licensing in State as RN.
Active BLS obtained from the American Heart Association
2001 Laurel Street
Columbia, SC 29204
Monday through Thursday: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 80 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc.