Job ID: 94530
Area of Interest: Clerical
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F 8A-430PM
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:Transplant Assistant
Baltimore, MDCome elevate your skills and experience by working with a world class 800-bed, Magnet designated Academic Medical Center.
We are looking for talented professionals to join our team at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
- Schedules transplant patients for clinic visits and pre-evaluation testing. Registers patients into the UMMS registration system. Interviews referral sources to obtain demographic and insurance data. Inputs pertinent demographic and financial data in the transplant database. Interfaces with transplant financial coordinators to assure appropriate authorization of patients.
- Schedules patients for diagnostic tests, procedures, consults, home health, social work and other patient care needs as directed by the nurses or attending physicians. Obtains appropriate insurance authorization and/or referrals for diagnostic tests and procedures.
- Maintains an up-to-date transplant waiting list by coordinating patient’s activities with nursing staff. Tracks patients on the waiting list, assuring that all medical testing is current.
- Accurately and completely enters pertinent information on patient visits, consults, and test results into the transplant database, as well as, appropriate notes related to patient’s care.
- Provides clinical assistance during transplant clinic and/or exams. May obtain vital signs, perform venipuncture, change dressings, etc.
- Audits paperwork and files on each patient to assure accurate and complete. Enters pertinent information on patient visits into the transplant database.
- Observes and applies relevant hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Observes and promotes positive guest relations. Demonstrates courtesy and open communications with patients and referral sources.
As a Team Member at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $5,000 per year for your graduate degree.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
What You Need to Be Successful:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) preferred.
- Three (3) years of work experience in a clinical position in a health care setting such as an acute care hospital, HMO, or clinic performing clinical and registration duties preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To me, it shows that my employer really cares about the individuals who they employ. It shows that they care about the community and what we stand for. And to me, that means more than words could ever describe.
All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW