Center City, Philadelphia, PA
JOB SUMMARY: The Therapy Aide provides patient care and treatment under the direction of the professional staff. The therapy aide is responsible for working as a team player in the gym, in the dining room, and in other areas of the hospital assisting the patient, family, and professional staff in achieving patients' goals. The therapy aide will uphold the mission, vision, and values of Magee Rehabilitation.
l. Demonstrates commitment to patient care and the patient care team.
- Understands the philosophy of the Department of Therapy Services and understands the philosophy of the hospital along with Hospital policies and the Mission Statement.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately to supervisors, staff and patients.
- Identifies resources available to meet the needs of the patients.
- Practices patient confidentiality and respect for patient rights utilizing HIPAA standards.
- Assists in unit based Performance Improvement activities.
- Must be able to exert 50 pounds of force while lifting patients and/or devices.
- Must have sufficient standing balance to guard ambulatory patients.
- Provides services on assigned weekends and holidays.
- Practices Standard Precautions and adheres to specific isolation precautions.
- Practices safety at all times while performing job responsibilities and reports unsafe conditions when identified.
- Demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness, and good judgment for assisting with treatment techniques, adaptive devices and completing all assigned duties.
- Able to read, write, and perform the mathematical functions of addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages and ratios.
- CPR certification required.
Education: Completion of high school education or equivalent.
Conditions of Employment
Since this position will require the selected candidate to engage in regular contact with children in the form of care, guidance, supervision or training, you will be required to meet the requirements of the Child Protective Services Act, including the Pennsylvania State Police criminal background check, the Pennsylvania Department of Welfare child abuse criminal background clearance, and an FBI finger print based federal criminal records check. The selected candidate will not be allowed to commence working until all three (3) are completed satisfactorily.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Par Reference Code