PT (Budgeted 1-19 hrs per week)
Req #: 29027
Provide advanced ECG while concentrating on monitoring patient status through assessment of ECG strips and arrhythmia interpretation. Possess troubleshooting skills to recognize monitoring the problems, identify probable causes, and seek solutions to correct the problem. Identify and responds to potentially life threatening rhythm changes, initiate codes, record rhythms during code, continuous EKG monitoring with accurate interpretation of cardiac rhythms and dysrhythmias and interval measurements. Appropriately responding to all monitor alarms.
Job Functions and Duties:
• Perform electrocardiograms in multi-settings including proper electrode placement.
• Knowledge of anatomy and physiology of the heart in relation to waves, complexes, time and voltage as shown through the conduction system and strip interpretation.
• Communicate appropriately and clearly to charge nurse, co-workers, and physician.
• Enter and verify orders in the computer system.
• Treat patients and families with respect and dignity.
• Interact professionally with providers and staff.
• Demonstrate an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
• Ensure the documentation meets current standards and policies.
• Answer telephone/intercom in a polite manner and communicates information to the appropriate personnel.
• Promote the mission, vision and values of the organization.
• Maintain a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of telemetry services.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations.
• Ability to work independently, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude.
• Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial and legal information.
• Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians and others in a professional manner.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• One year of recent healthcare experience in a comparable job classification required.
• Telemetry Certification or ability to obtain certification within one year of hire.
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within six months of hire.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions:
• Physically demanding, high-stress environment.
• Exposure to blood and body fluids.
• Pushing and pulling heavy objects.
• Full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients.
• Position requires light to moderate work with 50 pounds maximum weight to lift and carry.
• Position requires reaching, bending, stooping, and handling objects with hands and/or fingers, talking and/or hearing, and seeing.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change and management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES:
Our mission is to provide exceptional healthcare services in a safe and trustful environment through expertise, commitment and compassion of our team members, with the vision of safe, reliable, high quality care for each patient, every day.
How do we make this happen? By creating and maintaining a culture where our values of compassion, integrity, citizenship, service excellence and community are lived out in observable behaviors during all interactions.
ABOUT CENTRAL MAINE HEALTHCARE:
Central Maine Healthcare (CMH) is an integrated healthcare delivery system serving 400,000 people living in central, western, and mid-coast Maine. CMH's hospital facilities include Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston, Bridgton Hospital, and Rumford Hospital. CMH also supports Central Maine Medical Group, a primary and specialty care practice organization. Other system services include the Central Maine Heart and Vascular Institute, a regional trauma program, LifeFlight of Maine's southern Maine base, the Central Maine Comprehensive Cancer Center, and other high quality clinical services.
About Central Maine Medical Center
Central Maine Medical Center (CMMC) located in Lewiston, is a Level II Trauma Center serving Androscoggin County and the surrounding region. "CMMC's Centers of Excellence" include the Central Maine Heart and Vascular Institute, the Central Maine Comprehensive Cancer Center, the Neonatal Intermediate Care Unit, and a Trauma Services Program. CMMC is also the southern Maine base for LifeFlight of Maine, the state's only medical helicopter service. Supported by the latest technologies, CMMC's skilled professionals provide outstanding care delivered with compassion, kindness, and understanding. Learn more at: www.cmmc.org.
About Bridgton Hospital
Part of Central Maine Healthcare, Bridgton Hospital serves the town of Bridgton and surrounding areas in Maine as part of an integrated regional healthcare system committed to improved access and a uniform standard of care. Bridgton Hospital was named as one of 17 top rural hospitals in the nation for the third consecutive year in 2018.
About Rumford Hospital
Part of Central Maine Healthcare, Rumford Hospital serves the town of Rumford and surrounding areas in Maine as part of an integrated regional healthcare system committed to improved access and a uniform standard of care. In 2018, Rumford Hospital was named one of 17 top rural hospitals in the nation by the Leapfrog Group; in 2016, it was designated a Pathway to Excellence® organization by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Learn more at: www.rumfordhospital.org.
Central Maine Healthcare is equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
© 2021 HealthcareSource HR, Inc. All Rights Reserved.