Technician, Sterile Processing- Part Time in Warrenton, VA at Fauquier Health
Date Posted: 10/11/2021
- Employee Type:
2nd shift, less than 7 hr/shift, weekdays only
- Job Type:
Fauquier Health is a Planetree-designated facility and serves the residents of Fauquier and several surrounding counties. It comprises: Fauquier Hospital, a fully-accredited, 97-bed hospital; Fauquier Health Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, a 115-bed long-term care and rehabilitation facility; the Villa at Suffield Meadows, an assisted living facility; the Wound Health Center and a medically supervised Wellness Center offering health and wellness programs. For more information please visit: https://www.fauquierhealth.org/
The Sterile Processing Technician collects, decontaminates, stores and distributes all reusable supplies and patient care equipment in the hospital.
- Provides inspection, decontamination, assembly, and sterilization of instruments and other patient care equipment in accordance with processing guidelines, AAMI, AORN, TJC, and OSHA requirements.
- Operates departmental equipment daily according to manufacturer instructions with emphasis on safety.
- Provides customer service to all departments with a focus on the patient need.
- Processes and documents all sterile supplies and equipment daily using chemical, biological and mechanical indicators to verify sterility in accordance with manufacturer instructions and hospital policy.
- Monitors and performs antimicrobial and disinfection solutions testing according to manufacturer instructions and documentation daily.
- Transports contaminated and sterile supplies and instruments to and from departments
- High school diploma or equivalent Required
- Preferred Certification: Certified Registered Central Service Technician CRCST
Minimum Work Experience:
- 1 year experience as sterile processing technician
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 80 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc.
Positions identified are with subsidiary hospitals and subsidiary physician practices of LifePoint Health, Inc. Similarly, recruitment and placement services for these positions are conducted by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Any applications received will be directed to the applicable entities.