Tax Analyst Lead
Exhibits demonstrated competence in all essential functions of a Lead Tax Analyst and performs those duties as needed or required. Provides supplemental support and assistance with indirect tax tasks as needed.
Applies understanding of business processes and information management concepts to optimize processes, improve efficiencies, and reduce risk through technology solutions. Identifies ways to:
- Automate manual tasks using existing financial or tax systems and emerging technologies; proactively identifies areas of opportunity for efficiency and automation.
- Consolidate tax data to make analysis and planning more efficient. Documents business requirements.
- Improve reporting capabilities to enhance our ability to evaluate risk and capitalize on opportunities.
- Design processes and implements technology tools to solve business problems.
Other technology tasks:
- Maintains and reviews existing technology related procedures. Maintains, updates, configures, and tests all tax software. Analyzes, extracts, queries, and imports data.
- Acts as a resource and mentor for teammates with less experience by training, developing, prioritizing, and/or evaluating work. Supports peer team members in any way needed to help ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Researches and learns about various technology solutions, including keeping up with new and upcoming tools.
- Acts as liaison between DPS, data, and tax professionals. Leads small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements; plays significant roles in larger, more complex initiatives. Communicates with stakeholders. Impacts a range of client, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams.
Quality Improvement: Assist peers and managers in pursuing continual process improvements; relentlessly pursue ideas that add value to the department and the organization.
Collaboration: Assist peers and other departments with special projects and analysis, as needed.
Clerical: Performs clerical duties as required
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in Accounting, Finance, Accounting
- Information Systems, Tax Technology, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- Experience: Minimum 5-8 years of experience in tax services required. Minimum 1 years in tax technology services required.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: CPA license or eligibility preferred.
- Additional Skills Required: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; advanced Excel experience. Demonstrated experience working with one or more tax preparation software packages. Must have the ability to apply logical and critical thinking in analyzing transactions, addressing requests and participating in special projects. Must have excellent interpersonal communication and professional writing skills. Must have the ability to concurrently organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks while adhering to strict deadlines. Must be available for seasonal and variable work; hours can vary and may include evenings, weekends and as needed to support the tax team in addition to the regular schedule. Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Additional Skills Preferred: Lawson experience highly desirable. Experience in preparing complex corporate multi-state returns and tax provisions. Experience in preparing healthcare and/or not-for-profit returns (Forms 990 and 1120). Experience preparing joint venture and other partnership returns (Form 1065). Experience working with institutional investments (domestic and foreign).
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health