Talent Acquisition Specialist – Employment Services – Full Time/ Weekdays
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: August 25, 2021
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for full cycle recruitment with the purpose of identifying the best qualified candidates to support the mission, vision, values and strategic business goals and objectives of Luminis Health. This position recruits Luminis Health System personnel as assigned.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Collaborates with talent acquisition team to develop specific recruiting plans to meet organizational goals and initiative business plans.
- Performs recruitment functions to include sourcing, screening, interview, follow-up phone calls, reference and background checks, salary recommendation, and licensure/certifications and extends and processes offers.
- Facilitates promotions and transfers by coordinating the process, counseling employees regarding available opportunities in the Health System, and assuring all documentation is reviewed and complete.
- Utilizes statistical data and other information as required on matters of recruitment, turnover and related employment activities to facilitate recruitment process. Forecasts needs of departments quarterly to identify specific hiring needs related to turnover, retirements, growth and new programs and proactively find candidates for future vacancies.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards and trends and the needs of the organization.
- Communicates proactively with leadership to identify employment needs, recruitment and retention barriers, and status of recruitment initiatives.
- Partners with other HR areas to support strategic business goals and objectives.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Sources to create pipelines of qualified candidates for positions using available tools and creative strategies such as use of CRM, ATS, Social Media, databases, attending career fairs, conducting open houses, relationships with colleges and community organizations.
- Provides candidates with a positive experience throughout the engagement process by responding promptly, providing feedback in a timely manner. Utilizes employer branding to engage, identify candidate motivation and help align candidate goals with Luminis Health offerings.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Two years’ experience in high volume recruitment.
- Proficiency in or knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets (Microsoft Word, Excel) and Outlook.
- Strong working knowledge of recruitment and employment practices and laws.
- Previous experience with HRIS/Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Professional certification highly desirable (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, CHCR, or other specifically related to Human Resources or Talent Acquisition.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)