System Physician Executive
The System Physician Executive will provide clinical leadership for the Novant Health Heart and Vascular Institute and the system wide cardiovascular service line. This system leader will be responsible for strategic growth, operational excellence, and clinical advancement of cardiovascular services across all Novant Health hospitals and ambulatory sites. The System Cardiovascular Executive will drive, lead, and plan efforts in partnership with the Vice President of Heart and Vascular Services to establish the mission, strategic plan, budgets, resource allocation, operational plans, and policies for the Heart and Vascular Institute. The System Cardiovascular Executive is accountable for planning, directing and coordinating all cardiovascular initiatives in order to achieve high quality patient services, operational excellence, and cost effectiveness, and will lead efforts to support regional network development and the coordination of care.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: Medical Doctor, clinical background in either general cardiology, cardiology subspecialty, or cardiovascular surgery with an exemplary clinical track record. required.
- Experience: 10 years growth and development of a multidisciplinary cardiovascular program, cardiovascular service line, heart institute, or cardiology program, required.
- Licensure/Certification: Current medical license in NC required.
- Additional skills required:
- Background facilitating the development and refinement of cardiovascular practices, serving as the primary physician leader to ensure cost effective, high quality, comprehensive care.
- Experience implementing quality and care management initiatives, clinical best practices, and process improvement initiatives to achieve the highest level of care. Strong understanding of ACC/AHA guidelines and the needs of other accrediting organizations.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to advance and develop a superior clinical service.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills for both clinical and non-clinical audiences, in group settings or one-on-one.
- Expertise in establishing physician relationships combined with the ability to manage an interdisciplinary team while appreciating and fostering collegial and peer participation from all disciplines.
- Effective supervisory skills, including clinical mentoring and coaching expertise.
- Advocate for organizational values and commitment to gender equity and diversity.
- Personal characteristics of integrity, maturity, and honesty aligned with the mission and values of Novant Health.
- Demonstrated experience with capital/operating budgets and an understanding of the challenges facing academic medicine.
- Additional desired attributes include experience in board governance, physician governance, negotiation, conflict resolution, dashboard analysis, oral presentation and writing skills.
- Additional Skills/Requirements (preferred): Multi-lingual.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health