Surgical Technologist Super
The Surgical Technologist works under the supervision of a surgeon and registered nurse to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical procedures, ensuring that the operating room environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety. Surgical technologists possess expertise in the theory and application of sterile and aseptic technique and combine the knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation tools and technologies to facilitate a physician's performance of invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
- Education: High School or GED required. Graduate of an accredited School of Surgical Technology program or Military Training Equivalent (68D – Operating Room Specialist). For incumbents who are not graduates of an accredited School of Surgical Technology or have certification please see additional skills required.
- Experience: Two years’ experience required. Previous Surgical Technologist experience.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current Surgical Tech Certification through NBSTSA required.
- Additional Skills Required: New graduates must obtain certification within 12months of hire. Failure to do so will result in termination of employment. Ability to successfully complete generic and department-specific skill validation and competency testing. Demonstrate effective and appropriate customer service skills, verbal and nonverbal communication techniques, interpersonal relationship skills, and time management skills.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health