A Surgical Technologist, under the direction of Surgeons and Registered Nurses, assists with patient care and related services. The technologist must have the ability to assist with care of the adult population.
The Surgical Technologist works under the supervision of a surgeon and registered nurse to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical procedures, ensuring that the operating room environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety. Surgical technologists possess expertise in the theory and application of sterile and aseptic technique and combine the knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation tools and technologies to facilitate a physician's performance of invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. #JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
Education: High school diploma required. Graduate of a school of surgical technology or military training equivalent (68D – Operating Room Specialist) required.
- Experience: If no certification, minimum of five years of surgical tech experience required.
- Licensure/certification/registration: Current surgical tech certification or experience required. BLS required. ACLS for staff working in cardiovascular OR required.
- Additional skills required: Has knowledge and skills necessary to modify care according to patient (s) age. Has the ability to interpret information to identify each patient's requirements for care relative to his/her age specific needs.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health