Surgical Tech - CST in Sylva, NC at Harris Regional Hospital
Date Posted: 1/11/2022
Harris Regional Hospital, established in 1925, is an 86-bed acute and specialty care facility serving a primary service area of the western North Carolina counties of Jackson, Swain, Graham, and Macon as well as parts of North Georgia. For more information on Harris Regional Hospital please visit: http://www.lifepointhealth.net/serving-communities/our-communities/harris-regional-hospital
Harris Regional Hospital
The Surgical Technician is responsible for setting up surgical procedures, scrubbing on cases and performing appropriate functions to facilitate the flow of surgical patients. Works under the guidance of the Registered Nurse. Shares responsibility for the care and safety of the patients who come under his or her care. Included within this assignment is the responsibility for the ensuring effective communication between him or her and the circulating nurse, the patient, other staff, physician and other hospital departments.
Work responsibilities involve access to medication storage areas to perform core job functions, deliver non narcotic medications or restock supplies. Assists with orienting new employees and students as required.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Current BLS certification.
3. Certification as a Surgical Technician and/or graduation from an approved OR Technician program preferred.
1. Ability to lift and move at least 50 pounds.
2. Ability to see colors, see at least 1 mm squares.
3. Ability to remain calm, continue to function effectively and develop priorities during stressful situations.
4. Ability to communicate clearly healthcare team. Ability to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and prioritize information and follow-up.
5. Requires manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
6. Ability to move and operate equipment and carry supplies.
7. Ability to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
8. Ability to remain focused and organized.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
- Surgical Technician Jobs
- Surgical Technologist Jobs
- Jobs in Clyde, North Carolina
- Surgical Technician Jobs Clyde, North Carolina
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 80 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc.
Positions identified are with subsidiary hospitals and subsidiary physician practices of LifePoint Health, Inc. Similarly, recruitment and placement services for these positions are conducted by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Any applications received will be directed to the applicable entities.