Surgical Fellow – MIS GI
Category: Physician/Physician Assistant
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: January 8, 2021
The Surgical Fellow will provide clinical surgical care under the direction of the attending surgical staff at AAMC, performing all duties in a competent, efficient, satisfactory and courteous manner, commensurate with her/ his level of education. The physician will be offered clinical supervision and training to advance her/his clinical and surgical skill set and will participate in all educational and scholarly opportunities offered by the Department of Surgery. The Fellow will comply with all Medical Staff by-laws, protocols and practices of AAMC, as well as all applicable federal laws and the laws of the State of Maryland.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Provides patient care within the outpatient setting to include but not limited to history and physical exams, consultative and surgical services. Possess interpersonal skills that facilitate interactions the patients, families, peers ancillary staff, and consultants.
- Perform the above-mentioned patient care within an acceptable time frame, e.g. history and physical exams within an hour.
- Provide surgical care that is of high quality as judged by surgical peers.
- At the time of admission insure that an appropriate and full work up of the patient is initiated to include ordering appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Produce reliable and accurate billing records that allow the Anne Arundel Medical Center to correctly bill third party payer and other consumers of healthcare at the hospital.
- Eligible in surgery.
- Must also fulfill the requirements for medical staff membership at Anne Arundel Medical Center
- Must be licensed to practice in the State of Maryland and Board Certified/Board
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)