Surgical Coordinator professional responsible to Serve as the patient point of contact with the practice to maintain open channels of communication to keep patients engaged and maintain an efficient flow of patients from patient registration, insurance verification, initial contact and surgeon consultation through the surgical pathway to complete insurance and program criteria, and medical clearances to be submitted to insurance provider for approval for surgery, and throughout their process of care.. Supports and promotes the vision, mission, and strategic plans of Methodist Health System
Your Job Requirements:
- Very strong proficiency using Microsoft Office products
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Strong process orientation
- Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a team-oriented environment
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Communicate clearly and openly
- Build relationships to promote a collaborative environment
- Be accountable for your performance
- Always look for ways to improve the patient experience
- Take initiative for your professional growth
- Be engaged and eager to build a winning team
- Reviews patient registration to ensure it is complete
- Verifies all insurance and notes it in Practice Management System/EMR.
- Responsible for maintaining surgery criteria current with insurance providers and informing staff of any changes/updates.
- Communicate to patients and coworkers in a professional, enthusiastic, friendly and positive manner.
- Initiates patient into surgery pipeline, serves as advocate for patient and schedules initial consultation with surgeon.
- Communicates insurance benefits, deductibles, coinsurance, financial responsibilities and any additional medical testing/screening to patients.
- Secures Pre-determinations & Pre-Certifications for all procedures as well as any general surgery.
- Handle physician referrals to practice ensuring that doctor’s info is in the practice management system/EMR.
- Referral is acknowledged and notified that patient is verified, assigned, contacted and initiated into surgery process.
- Prepare and submit Letters of Medical Necessity and ensure that all insurance criteria & medical clearances have been completed.
- Upon insurance approval, communicates approval to patient, collects financial fees due, schedules pre op consultation, advises patient of surgery date and schedules 1 week post op appointment.
- Handle all appeals and denials in conjunction with patient's care.
- Participate in patient education seminars or meet the doctor events with other members of practice staff, educating interested parties about the surgery program.
- Prepare physical space for seminars/events.
- Assist other staff members to deliver the highest quality of patient care which includes being a team player to execute not only your duties but those that are needed by the practice when necessary.