Surgery Coordinator, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery "Job Details"
Winston-Salem, NC, United States
- Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC, 27157, US
08/20/2021, 06:39 AM
Under general supervision, exercises independent judgment in the coordination of surgery scheduling and determination of ancillary procedures. Responsible for providing all necessary information and guidance regarding the surgery to the patient. May produce reports that compile various surgery statistics for departmental use.
High school diploma or GED equivalent. Three years office or clerical experience or equivalent experience.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: N/A
- Schedules and coordinates surgical cases with corresponding ancillary tests and arrangements by recognizing the differences between various types of procedures and differences between patients' needs within the same procedure.
- Recommends surgery times and dates to physicians to assure that adequate space and time is allowed for completion of the surgery based on knowledge of the procedure. Maintains a thorough understanding of the logistical requirements of each procedure and the individual needs of each physician.
- Assures that the scheduling of each surgical case is conducted and scheduled properly in the appropriate area based on knowledge of the facilities available in each room and within the guidelines set up by each area and within their established timeframe.
- Prepares necessary patient reports for physicians and the department as a whole based on knowledge of the procedures performed.
- Maintains knowledge of all necessary computer programs used in the scheduling process that may include Cycare, Clinipac, McCormick-Dodge OR Scheduler, etc.
- Reviews future schedules based on physicians' schedules to best utilize the available operating rooms; makes recommendations to surgeons based on this information.
- Processes and reviews incoming and outgoing surgery-related documents and forms.
- Provides guidance to patient regarding logistics of the surgery; assists patient with submission of insurance and preliminary financial arrangements and pre-certifies surgeries with appropriate insurance companies; makes necessary arrangements with patient for accommodations. Acts as a resource regarding all logistical aspects of the surgical process.
- Performs other duties incidental to the work described herein.
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.