Job ID: 84697
Area of Interest: Service
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F Rotating Weekend 1pm-9:30pm
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:Surfacide Tech
Full-Time – Day
Baltimore, MD Under direct supervision, performs cleaning and disinfecting services within an area, location or building. Takes appropriate and necessary precautions to ensure the safety of patients, visitors and other associates in accordance with standards set forth by The Joint Commission, OSHA and other regulatory agencies. Fulfillment of the job duties requires the employee to have access to medication storage areas. Fulfillment of the job duties requires the employee to have access to medication storage areas.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Performs daily operation of the Surfacide UVC device in assigned patient rooms, patient bathrooms, surgical rooms, emergency department and other areas as assigned throughout the campus.
- The UV tech must complete training and certification on the use of the Surfacide system.
- Responsible for following proper operating and safety procedures while using the Surfacide system in assigned areas. Responsible for understanding priorities for UVC treatment. Reads directions carefully and asks supervisor when in doubt.
- When Surfacide cycle is complete, the UV tech will assign an Associate to make the bed and close all drawers as necessary to ensure room is ready for the next patient.
- Verify that Associate makes beds in accordance with specific area needs. Is knowledgeable and can identify various bed types. Utilizes bed tracking phone/pager to update status in Epic in a timely manner.
- Run reports on the operation of the machine daily and provide updates to EVS leadership about issues identified in the reports.
- Must effectively communicate with patients, visitors and other staff members. Responsible for direct communication with Bed Placement Coordinators.
- Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for own growth and development; attends regular staff meetings.
- Actively participates and supports University of Maryland Medical Center, Downtown Campus, by attending huddles and adopting the problem-solving methods.
- All other duties as assigned.
Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a world class 800-bed, Magnet designated Academic Medical Center.
We are looking for talented professionals to join our team at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
As a Team Member at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $5,000 per year for your graduate degree.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work
What You Need to Be Successful:
Associate’s Degree preferred; some college credits required.
Surfacide training/certification is required.
Previous experience preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on