Supply Chain Procurement Specialist
Position Summary: The Procurement Specialist is responsible for ensuring Central Maine Healthcare’s procurement of supplies, equipment and services that meet the needs of patients, clinicians and staff in an effective and cost competitive manner. This position will assist with procurement and standardization of supplies and services, providing supply chain support and problem resolution for invoice discrepancies in a timely manner.
Will be responsible for key supply portfolio management with the organizations GPO and can independently obtain and review contact information thoroughly to determine appropriate tiering levels within the GPO contract based on utilization or spend. Will also be responsible for independently retrieving product and pricing information through GPO resources and tools, review vendor bids and retrieve/analyze benchmarking information to assure best pricing to the organization. Must be able to independently research, analyze and summarize key marketplace data in order to participate in or facilitate meetings or upon request. Must possess and be able to demonstrate advanced Microsoft Excel skills, intermediate Microsoft word skills as well as experience using Microsoft Powerpoint.
Will negotiate, expedite and process purchase requisitions at best price and within a timely manner. Must be able to independently source new or alternative products as needs arise, utilizing primary vendors or GPO contracts as appropriate.
Needs to have general knowledge of fundamental contractual legal terms and contract construction. Able to recognize unacceptable contract language. Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to
follow process through to completion. Individual will need a strong level of customer service and critical thinking/problem resolution skills.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Experience: Associate’s degree or 7-10 year’s experience in the Purchasing field
- Knowledge of contracts terminology is required.
- Excellent PC Skills and knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Prior experience in negotiation and leadership is preferred.
- Understanding of financial analysis and quantitative/qualitative assessment data.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and facilitation skills, to include the ability to negotiate, resolve conflicts and build teams.
- Attention to detail and follow-through.
- Analytical and quantitative skills including data gathering, organization, assessment, reporting, and presentation.
- Independent and self-motivated. Able to handle multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Demonstrated creativity and flexibility.
- Ability to implement change in a positive, sensitive, and forward-thinking manner.
- Developing goals and objectives and establishing priorities.
- Inspires confidence, appropriate risk taking and achievement of high standards.
- Self-starter with a willingness to try new ideas.
- Positive, can-do attitude coupled with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to persuade others and develop consensus.
- Effective communication skills both in written and verbal presentation with a communication style that is open and fosters trust, credibility and understanding.
- Collaborative and promotes teamwork.
- Ability to create win/win solutions and relationships.
- Skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) is required.
- Supply Chain experience is required; Healthcare experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to engage patients and team members utilizing the CMH Experience Standards
- I am creating a warming, caring, and non-judgmental environment
- I am actively listening and seeking information
- I am honest, truthful, and consistent
- I am respectful, treating all individuals with dignity and empathy
- I am serving as a role model, taking both initiative and ownership when appropriate
- I am working collaboratively and demonstrating teamwork
- Serve as the champion of the patient and team member experience by providing an A+ experience to every patient and team member, every day.