Supervisor Security Operations Center
The Supervisor, Security Operations Center’s Number One job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understand how Public Safety contributes to Novant Health’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families. The Supervisor, Security Operations Center provides supervision and leadership to the “epicenter” of the Public Safety Service in accordance to the Corporate Public Safety model, and applies the necessary job skills to provide a safe and secure environment for improving the health of our communities.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: High School Diploma - Required ; Some college - preferred
- Experience: 3 years Communications/Call Center Experience Required. 2+ years’ experience as a Supervisor in a “High-Volume” call center. Healthcare or Municipal sector preferred.
- Licensure/certification/registration:APCO Public Safety Tele-communicator I; Certified APCO Training Officer or Instructor – Preferred. Successfully completes the IAHSS Basic, Advanced and Supervisory Training Courses within two years of employment.
- Additional skills required: Satisfactorily completes all required organizational and departmental training programs, possesses intermediate level computer skills (including a minimum keyboard/typing speed of 25 wpm), and can successfully complete skills validation and competency testing. Be able to accurately receive and transmit information via radio and telephone. Ability to translate observations and information into legible, complete and accurate reports. No criminal record. Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally during stressful situations. Maintain a satisfactory driving record in accordance with Risk Management requirements. Maintain a valid driving record in state of residence. Immediately notifies Physical Security Manager of any and all charges relating to the operation of a motor vehicle and/or criminal complaint.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters teamwork, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health