Supervisor, Pharmacy Services
Job ID: 90487
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: Rotating
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Supervisor, Pharmacy Services
Full-Time – Rotating
Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a world class 800-bed, Magnet designated Academic Medical Center.
We are looking for talented professionals to join our team at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
Clinical Pharmacist: Under general supervision, interprets and evaluates physicians’ medication orders to provide prescribed medications, and other pharmaceuticals as needed, for adequate patient care according to professional standards and practices. Oversees pharmacy support personnel. Assesses pharmacy performance. Trains hospital staff. Advises/consults with patients, families, medical staff, and nursing staff.
Area Supervisor: Under supervision, oversees the daily operations of the assigned pharmacy area/services. Supervises all levels of personnel assigned to the area being supervised. Assists in developing and implementing specific goals and objectives as they pertain to his/her area of supervision.
As a Team Member at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $5,000 per year for your graduate degree.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree in pharmacy from a college or university accredited by the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy is required. A Doctor of Pharmacy, or a clinical Masters of Science degree and completion of a pharmacy practice residency is preferred.
- Current licensure by the Maryland State Board of Pharmacy is required. If licensure is pending reciprocation, it must be completed before the end of the probationary period.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in an integrated health care system, which includes an acute care hospital, or equivalent experience is required. Two years of supervisory experience in a clinical pharmacy setting is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW