The Nursing Supervisor is a Registered Nurse responsible for delegating and providing authority and responsibility for selected programs and aspects of various programs associated with all nursing departments. You will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing functions within the department of nursing in the evening and night shifts while.
Supporting the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of Methodist Health System.
Your Job Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (equivalent experience, knowledge, and skills may be substituted in lieu of degree).
- 2 Years of RN experience required
- Current AHA BLS certification required
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas or eligibility to do so required
- Previous leadership experience preferred
- Previous Critical Care experience preferred
- Able to professionally and effectively communicate (orally and in writing)
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Ancillary departmental interaction, when departments are closed.
- Demonstrates a good knowledge base of nursing care and decision-making; offers guidance, support and feedback that may influence the clinical care of patients;maintains strict confidentiality regarding patient and employee information; always maintains the integrity of patient medical records.
- Makes staffing decisions and arranges for coverage of units consistent with guidelines, patient acuity levels, and available resources; notifies Nurse Manager of variances from guidelines; collaborates with bed control to assess overall bed availability to assure appropriate patient placement; counsels personnel and performs disciplinary action in the absence of the manager and director when to delay would jeopardize the effectiveness of the action.
- Functions as a role model/resource at all times presenting themselves in a professional manner and exhibiting continuous practice of MHS vision and values, and Value Management principles.
- Engages in management activities such as hiring and managing Resource Team/PRN employees.
- Other duties as assigned.