Supervisor, Environmental Services, WFBH "Job Details"
Winston-Salem, NC, United States
- Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC, 27157, US
08/10/2021, 11:33 PM
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent academic health system based in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Wake Forest Baptist Health’s two main components are an integrated clinical system – anchored by Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, an 885-bed tertiary-care hospital in Winston-Salem, Brenner Children’s Hospital, five community hospitals, more than 350 primary and specialty care locations and more than 2,500 physicians; and Wake Forest School of Medicine, a recognized leader in experiential medical education and groundbreaking research, including Wake Forest Innovations, a commercialization enterprise focused on advancing health care through new medical technologies and biomedical discovery.
Maintains facility appearance and sanitation by supervising assigned area and staff. Responsible for monitoring, inspecting, and supervising the daily operations of housekeeping and laundry employees to assure that neat, orderly, and sanitary conditions exist within the hospital. Adheres to general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships, and team building. Assists manager and may be assigned to assume duties and responsibilities in manager’s absence.
If viewing this position outside of WFBH’s website, please go to wakehealth.edu/careers and search for job by title.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent. Associates, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Three years of environmental services experience, preferably in a healthcare environment.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of cleaning materials and practices.
- Demonstrates sound judgment.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Good people motivational skills.
- A friendly, caring attitude.
- The ability to walk, climb stairs, and stand for long periods of time.
- Provides daily supervision of EVS staff. Assigns daily schedules covering all areas of the hospital as well as special project work. Coordinates task assignments to ensure departmental commitments.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of the operations and responsibilities of the department including procedures, cleaning materials, chemical dilution rates, and scheduling.
- Tours hospital periodically, covering each assigned area to monitor productivity and to assess the needs of the facility and takes appropriate corrective action for deficiencies. Documents inspections. Verifies quality assurance cleaning documentation.
- Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of the hospital. Recommends painting, wall papering, etc. to improve sanitation, appearance, and efficiency.
- Inspects all discharge patient rooms and releases to admitting only when they have met the required standards.
- Inspects work buildings and equipment. Prepares requisitions for replacement of depleted items and those in need of repair.
- Assists with personnel actions including but not limited to hiring, training, promotion, merit recommendations, and vacation schedules. Maintains personnel records for each employee, monitoring hours worked, and attendance.
- Assists with departmental responsibilities during low staffing and high workloads.
- Enforces quality and customer service standards.
- Directs emergency procedures well; ensures that staff members are knowledgeable in planned use of emergency procedures.
- Always demonstrates knowledge of and rationale for safety habits on the job and reports safety hazards to the Director.
- Assumes responsibility for keeping informed about changes in policies and procedures.
- Subject to multiple interruptions.
- High stress levels.
- Medium Work - Lifting 50 lbs. maximum and carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Works with mixing of concentrated chemicals.
- Work duty required every third weekend.
- Subject to contact with various strains of bacteria.
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.