SUPERVISOR CLINICAL NUTRITION
The primary purpose of the Dietitian Supervisor position is to manage and direct the components of the Clinical Nutrition Department and oversee the patient services' personnel. You will ensure complete patient screening, assessment, reassessment, care plan development, quality indicators for clinical nutrition and nutrition education to patients and/or family members according to Methodist Health System Policy & Guidelines. You are required to follow all patient safety and nutrition risk guidelines.
Supports the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of Methodist Health System.
Your Job Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree meeting academic requirements, successful completion of an accredited dietetic internship program and eligible to take the Commission of Dietetics Registration Exam (CDR)
- Master’s Degree meeting academic requirements and successful completion of an accredited dietetic internship program, with six months experience in Clinical Nutrition and eligible to take the Commission of Dietetics Registration Exam.
- Registered Dietitian with the Commission of Dietetics Registration and License with the Texas Board of Examiners of Dietitians.
- 2 years related experience preferred
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Assists in the supervision of all diet office, patient services, and patient services personnel to ensure job performance standards are followed and expectations are met.
- Completes patient service staffing schedule
- Conducts ongoing updates and revision to Clinical Nutrition Department standards of expectations
- Effectively communicates with Management team, offers creative suggestions for process improvement, exhibits, cheerful and professional behavior.
- Responsible to complete tray line audits, time studies, and department sanitation checklists.
- Assist in new and existing employee orientation, training, and on-boarding
- Enforces department standards/expectations, MHS Policy and Guidelines
- Appropriately assesses patients at nutritional risk via screening policy
- Demonstrates ability to assess and reassess patients’ needs appropriately and timely according to policy
- Respond to requests and consults timely according to policy
- Documents nutrition intervention in detailed, accurate, and appropriate manner and recommends additional nutrition therapy as needed
- Develops individualized plan of care
- Works collaboratively with other health care disciplines in developing interdisciplinary plan of care and discharge planning
- Develops education plan based on needs assessment, effectively explains diet requirements, restrictions, and food/drug interactions
- Participates in the monitoring and reporting of quality indicators for clinical nutrition and food service
- Completes other duties as assigned