Supervisor, Clinic Registration, Wilkesboro NC "Job Details"
North Wilkesboro, NC, United States and 1 more
Professional / Management
- Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC, 27157, US
11/01/2021, 11:08 PM
Supervisor, Clinic Registration, Wilkesboro NC
40 hours per week, day shift
The Patient Access Supervisor manages the day to day operations of a team of colleagues to provide patients with above average accuracy and time efficient financial clearance services. Takes personal responsibility to stay abreast of current policies and procedures, as well as maintains expertise proficiency in all Patient Access technologies This role acts as an advocate for the customer and also serves as a liaison between colleagues, hospital departments and physician offices in a collaborative effort to facilitate patient registrations and admissions, verify insurance benefits and obtain related authorizations. Additionally, the Patient Access Supervisor may be responsible for managing the oversight of financial resource screening for Medicaid, Affordable Care Act, and hospital-sponsored financial programs as appropriate. Specific functions vary by location and department internal operations.
Minimum Qualifications & Competencies:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least two years of previous experience in a lead or supervisor role
- At least three years of experience working within the registration process in a hospital or physician office setting, including demonstrated success obtaining patient demographic and financial information, handling insurance verification and obtaining authorizations
- Knowledge of federal or state government agencies including but not limited to Medicare, Medicaid, VA or Charity Care programs, or patient management and healthcare accounts receivable within the healthcare revenue cycle.
- Proficient knowledge of commercial, government insurance plans and workers compensation, insurance verification and authorization procedures, payer networks, government resources, and medical terminology.
- Ability to build high performing teams, meet departmental and individual performance objectives.
- Demonstrated experience handling escalated issues, educate and mentor team members and is viewed as a subject matter expert
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert knowledge of patient access services and the overall effect on the revenue cycle.
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively with a customer and simplifying complex information
- Experience working in a role that requires prioritization of multiple critical priorities while ensuring quality and achievements of performance metrics.
- Solid knowledge of all MS Office Products and Internet Explorer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assigning and directing work; appraising performance for direct reports as well as addressing complaints and resolving problems for colleagues within your organization. Work closely with the clinical team of the various ancillary departments.
- Prepare and communicate work schedules for colleagues
- Track and communicate key metrics including point of service cash collections, registration productivity, accurate and timely insurance verification and securing authorizations as necessary, Quality Assurance
- Track productivity monitoring for staff to maximize resources and results
- Attend, prepare materials and actively participate in the facilitation of mandatory monthly staff meetings, new hire training, team building, in-services and continuing education sessions.
- Implement processes and tools to consistently achieve established key performance metrics
- Identify and address team member training needs to outperform expectations
- Provide team member performance data in preparation of annual reviews.
- Provide regular reporting and communication to PFS leadership and back to client
- Provide assistance/resolution to external and internal client inquiries around patient financial service activities
- As a subject-matter expert, assist team with escalated customer and client issues, coaches and trains other team members as needed.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of all patient financial and healthcare related issues and regulations
- Responsible for reporting any trends in patient wait times, registrations, financial clearance, point of service cash collections, procedural issues and make recommendations to the internal leadership and/or client to maximize performance when appropriate
- May be responsible for acting as point of contact for specific client(s) operational activities, including implementation updates, reporting, escalations and presenting at client meetings
- Support Leadership with analyzing Patient Access performance to drive client satisfaction and related revenue cycle results.
- Maintains an awareness of the patient level of comfort during the wait.
- Promotes a positive image to patients, visitors and physicians by adhering to the AHWFB Core Values of Courage, Authenticity, Respect, Excellence, and Service.
- Provide superior customer service and maintains a professional image.
- Able to perform duties in a stressful environment that may require long periods of sitting, standing or walking to interview patients and process information. The environment may include alarms, occasional loud noises, bright lights and flashing lights
- Support, understand and utilize AHWFB technology
Travel: Minimal travel required
Core Values and Culture Expectations:
- Demonstrates integrity and ethics in day-to-day tasks and decision making, adheres to AHWFB's core values of courage, authenticity, respect, excellence and service, operates effectively in the AHWFB environment and the environment of the work group, maintains a focus on self-development and seeks out continuous feedback and learning opportunities.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: the employee is occasionally required to move around the work area; sit; perform manual tasks; operate tools and other office equipment such as computer, computer peripherals and telephones; extend arms; kneel; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Mental Demands: the employee must be able to follow directions, to get along with others, and handle stress.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.