Supervisor – Ambulatory Call Center, Patient Access & Support Services, Full-Time (Weekdays)
Category: Administrative/General Support
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: July 1, 2021
Assists in the management of all the aspects with scheduling, registration and insurance verification within PASS. Coordinates the scheduling process for all patients in the practice. Provides clinical and operational expertise to the support staff within AAMG practices. Facilitates training on all computerized systems. Acts as a liaison and resource for AAMC IT staff, outside communication companies and all of our customers, to include referring physicians’ office staff, insurance companies and our patients. Resolves patient and insurance inquiries, and technical communication issues.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Coordinates staff resources, assigns equitable distribution of workload based on staff skill and knowledge. Ensures compliance with departmental standards. Ensures appropriate staff coverage for all shifts and areas. In consultation with the Business Practice Manager, takes or recommends appropriate disciplinary action as necessary.
- Assists in on-the-job training of office staff, including orientation of new staff, and provides for cross training in order to assure quality care at all time. Participates in the development of the in-service program consistent with performance objectives and training needs of employees.
- Acts as a resource for clinical information and direction for appropriate scheduling. Maintains clinical knowledge as to types of procedures and function of equipment as related to the scheduling process. Assumes responsibility to be current on all department and organizational issues and activities.
- Monitors staff performance, including compliance with all federal, state, and Medical Center regulations as they apply to the registration process. Provides training as appropriate. Supervises department staff, providing consistent supervision and resource necessary for others to work in a self-directed manner to accomplish department and organizational goals.
- Promotes department and organization improvement activities and refinement of operational systems. Identifies problem areas and recommends corrective action.
- Coordinates the scheduling process related to accurate scheduling, resource management, final schedule preparation and notification of pertinent data to appropriate sites.
- Supervises staff performing pre-registration and insurance verification, in office appointment scheduling, surgical scheduling and special orders.
- Oversees insurance validation process.
- Facilitates workflow issues in a proactive and positive manner. Leads team members in weekly meetings to discuss and resolve issues to prevent losses of any adverse impact to AAMG practices. Participates in staff selection, orientation and coaching. Forwards cases requiring intensive financial counseling to the appropriate financial coordinator.
- Equipment responsibilities; Troubleshoot equipment problems with headsets, phone recording system and all communication systems. Maintain and troubleshoot online access issues relating to insurance verification, scheduling and electronic fax (e-fax).
- High School diploma or equivalent; Associates Degree preferred.
- Two to four years’ experience in a customer service field, ideally in a Health Care/Health Insurance setting. Strong leadership skills and qualities are a must. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written must be demonstrated. Minimum one year supervisory/leadership experience required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is desirable.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)