State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Req ID: 39142BR
Job Summary: The 2021 Summer Jobs program will be a 100% virtual, educational program. Interns will be required to participate in 20 hours of online learning. The program focus is healthcare career exploration and exposure to the day-to-day workings of a hospital.
- Active engagement in all mandatory online session that may include: Expert panel discussions and facilitation, Expert Interviews, Virtual hospital tours, Informational interviewing, One on One mentoring, Group projects, Webinars, Self-directed learning and Virtual college tours.
- Completion of a project that culminates at the end of the six-week program.
- Some High School required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both written and verbally in a virtual format.
- Ability to work collaboratively in small teams virtually to accomplish required projects.
- Possess an interest in learning about the careers in health care.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply