Sterile Processing Department Technician Certification General
The team member’s Number One job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understands how to contribute to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families. At Novant Health, people are our business. We treat each other with respect and compassionResponsible for providing clean, properly packaged, sterile instruments and supplies to meet individual customer needs.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: High School or GED required.
- Experience: Two years of experience in a hospital Sterile Reprocessing Department required.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Sterile Reprocessing Tech certification required. CBSPD, CRCST or CSPDT required.
- Additional Skills Required: Ability to successfully complete generic and department-specific skills validation and competency testing. Demonstrates knowledge of instrumentation and sterile/aseptic technique. Ability to read and comprehend written instructions to assemble instrument sets and trays. Ability to learn and understand medical terminology. Maintains Sterile Processing Technician certification.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health