Sterile Processing Aide / Sterile Processing Technician - Certified
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Responsible for the decontamination, preparation and distribution of sterile and non-sterile items. Ensures and maintains safety and quality in the performance of these duties.
1) High school education or equivalent.
1) Previous Sterile Processing experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Must possess consistent ability to follow procedures and instructions accurately.
2) Ability to effectively communicate with Medical Center personnel and physicians from many departments to fill requisitions, explain equipment operation, provide information, and request services. Works closely with other employees in the department to carry out work responsibilities. Occasionally, relates to the general public to provide supplies and information.
1) Certified as a Sterile Processing Technician through an approved, accredited, certifying agency or required within fifteen (15) months of accepting a job position in the department.