STAFF PHARMACIST PRN <3YRS EXP
In this highly technical, fast-paced, and rewarding position, you'll collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to provide the very best care for patients. The Staff Pharmacist position is to perform professional, clinical tasks that will ensure the highest quality of pharmaceutical care and results in an optimal patient care.
Your Job Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy
- Licensed as a registered pharmacist by the Texas State Board of Pharmacy
- Successful completion of pharmacokinetics training program
- 3+ years of work experience (includes residency training)
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Ability to supervise, train and manage workflow of technicians and other pharmacists. Completes all assigned work procedures during the shift without compromising the quality of work performed. Develops good judgment in organizing and prioritizing workload in order to meet immediate needs.
- Assist in maintaining inventory levels of pharmaceuticals and supplies, assuring storage under proper conditions in accordance with all regulatory requirements. Communicates availability of medications and supplies to the department when inventory is below par. Follows procedures and completes documentation of all items leaving the pharmacy.
- Capable of utilizing automation and technology, including software to achieve optimum work outcomes.
- Compounds and dispenses medications and other pharmaceutical supplies using approved standards and procedures. Ensures that all items dispensed by the pharmacy department have the correct dose, dosage form, and labeling.
- Knows the procedures and functions of areas relating to patient care and is able to assist in any drug distribution area when needed, including the IV lab.
- Medication order interpretation, order entry, charging and filling of all patient orders.