Staff Pharmacist, Adult Acute Care Multispecialty, Medicine/Surgery "Job Details"
Winston-Salem, NC, United States
- Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC, 27157, US
07/01/2021, 10:17 PM
JOB SUMMARY: Facilitates safe and effective medication use including dispensing medications, entering and verifying medication orders, preparing IV admixtures, supervising technician duties, researching acquisition and therapeutic issues, monitoring outcomes of therapies, documenting interventions and performance improvement activities, and supporting a safe and nurturing environment for all employees to reach their potential.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy with a B.S. in Pharmacy or Pharm. D. degree is required. Hospital Pharmacy Practice Residency or equivalent experience preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: Active Registration with North Carolina Board of Pharmacy required.
1. Processes medication orders and prescriptions ordered by physicians or nurses for patients.
2. Supervises the work of technicians to ensure that correct medications are provided for patients on time, and support staff is fully utilized to meet area needs.
3. Provides pharmaceutical care to patients to achieve optimal therapeutic outcomes.
4. Participates in the team approach to quality improvement to support the Pharmacy Department's commitment to the philosophy and principles of Total Quality.
5. Updates knowledge and skills of self and other health care professionals to maintain, improve and document competency.
6. Documents activities to provide information needed to meet standards, regulations, laws and/or other administrative requirements.
7. Participates in planning by establishing personal goals to support quality improvement efforts and contribute to the achievement of departmental objectives.
8. Provides age/developmental appropriate care in accordance with Age/Development Specific Guidelines for the age groups served when participating in patient care.
9. Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building.
Ability to communicate on a professional level with physicians, nurses and other professional staff when discussing drugs and drug related problems
Strong oral and written communication
Contact with patients, family members, visitors, coworkers and medical staff under a wide variety of circumstances
Excellent customer service skills
Potential exposure to infections and contagious diseases
Handles emergency or crisis situations
Possible exposure to latex
Possible exposure to cytotoxic (chemotherapeutic) agents
Requires judgment/action that could result in death of patients
Noise generated from telephones, computers/printers, hood and verbal communication
Possible exposure to the risk of bloodborne and/or airborne pathogens
Subject to many interruptions
Pressure due to multiple demands
Subject to changes in work schedules and areas to meet customer/department needs
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.