This position qualifies for a $15,000 sign-on bonus, provided the candidate meets the eligibility requirements. Click here to learn more!
This position also qualifies for a $5/hour specialty pay differential for working in the Operating Room.
(12 hours 3 days week and every 3rd weekend)
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a pre-eminent academic health system based in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Wake Forest Baptist’s two main components are an integrated clinical system – anchored by Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, an 885-bed tertiary-care hospital in Winston-Salem – that includes Brenner Children’s Hospital, five community hospitals, more than 350 primary and specialty care locations and more than 2,500 physicians; and Wake Forest School of Medicine, a recognized leader in experiential medical education and groundbreaking research that includes Wake Forest Innovations, a commercialization enterprise focused on advancing health care through new medical technologies and biomedical discovery.
The Birth Center at Wake Forest Baptist Health truly is the most modern and advanced facility in North Carolina and brings a new level of convenience, comfort and patient and family centered care to the Triad.
Our array of experts, including obstetricians, certified nurse midwives, pediatricians, family medicine providers and maternal-fetal medicine specialists are also complemented by our highly skilled nurses and experienced lactation consultants.
JOB SUMMARY: Renders highly professional and technical nursing care to assigned patient. Provides direct patient care using the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation). Directs and supervises other assigned team members and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to provide age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with unit standards of care.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Experience in all 3 phases of care, PreOp/IntraOp/PostOp. Experience with Csections and Gyn surgery a plus.
- Minimum of one year Operating Room experience or participation in a post-graduate program required.
- Refresher course required for nurses who have not worked in an Operating Room for five years or more.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
- Current licensures to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
- BCLS required.
- ACLS required.
- NRP preferred can be obtained during orientation.
- CNOR preferred.
Labor and Delivery
L & D
1. Utilizes the nursing process to ensure quality patient care is provided throughout the episode of care.
2. Ensures complete, accurate and timely computerized communication of patient information.
3. Demonstrates cost containment activities.
4. Communicates to the team, co-workers, patients and family members in an effective, positive, and professional manner.
5. Takes personal responsibility and initiative for performance and for professional growth and development.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Functions effectively under stressful and difficult situations
- Performs effectively with frequent workload changes and competing demands
- Follows standards of clinical nursing practice
- Follows systems for patient safety
- Basic computer skills
- Contact with patients, family members, visitors, co-workers, and medical staff under wide variety of circumstances
- Regular exposure to blood-borne diseases, infectious and contagious diseases
- Subject to multiple interruptions
- Occasionally exposed to radiation hazards
- Possible exposure to cleaning agents/chemicals
- Occasionally subject to irregular hours
- Use of personal protective equipment
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.