Staff Nurse II Infusion Center High Point "Job Details"
High Point, NC, United States
- 1814 Westchester Dr, High Point, NC, 27262, US
08/03/2021, 10:51 AM
Professional Registered Nurse whose primary responsibilities are directly involved with coordinating the interdisciplinary approach in the evaluation, treatment, and facilitation of the inpatient and outpatient assist device process, and follow-up care of those individuals and families receiving a transplant or ventricular assist system.
- Analyzes data obtained in the assessment to determine the patient's status, recommend additional interventions, and assess the need for further consultation.
- Formulates a comprehensive plan for performing and accomplishing the essential functions leading to implantation of ventricular assist system.
- Plans, conducts, and evaluates educational activities for patients, families, professionals and the public.
- Engages in activities designed to encourage the participation of medical facilities, referral sources and health care team members in the ventricular assists system.
- Functions as patient advocate.
- Responds to call 24 hours a day.
- Assists with the surgical implantation and explanation of VAD.
- Rounds daily on inpatients with VADs, and per protocol on outpatient VADs.
- Directs and coordinates the peri-operative management of patient care under the supervision of the cardio-thoracic surgeon and transplant cardiologist.
- Supervises professional nursing staff involved in patient care.
- Develops, collects, records, and maintains VAD database.
- Collects, records and maintains INTERM ACS Database.
Fast-paced clinic and inpatient setting. Involves standing, walking and bending.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing. BSN required; MSN preferred. Current NC Board of Nursing License. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required. 2 years' experience required; 5 years' experience preferred, will include a combination of end stage organ disease nursing, transplant care/exposure and/or outpatient transplant setting. Excellent oral and written communication collaborative and facilitative skills. Customer service/relations focus. Organization skills.
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.
Staff Nurse III, Outpatient Infusion, High Point Medical Center
High Point, NC, United States
Staff Nurse II Day Hospital, High Point Medical Center
Winston-Salem, NC, United States