FT 40 HRS
3 days agoRequisition ID: 1411
The Staff Nurse – RN provides nursing services at the top of the incumbent’s license to patients in accordance with all applicable Massachusetts State Laws as well as regulations promulgated by the Department of Public Health and Harbor Health Services, Inc. Duties include but are not limited to: triage; access; case management; and nursing support of clinical sessions.
• Performs routine nursing care to patients, while utilizing age specific guidelines and standard precaution practices at all times.
• In conjunction with care team and/or provider, assists in the development and implementation of a comprehensive plan of care.
• Administers medications and vaccinations to patients orally, topically, subcutaneously, intradermal and intramuscularly as order by provider or following standing orders policy.
• Certifies that emergency equipment in clinical area is appropriately maintained and working once per month and/or whenever equipment has been used.
• Participates in team, department and clinic meetings to learn, support process improvement and contribute to care plans as appropriate.
• Provides cross coverage and training for staff in similar roles as needed
• Provides health coaching and teaching for common conditions (i.e. asthma, hypertension, diabetes…) through individual nurse visits, group visits and co-visits with other disciplines (clinical pharmacy, Behavioral Health, nutrition, physicals…) as appropriate.
• Assists patients with staying up to date with clinical care guidelines, immunizations and health maintenance tests.
• Supports transitions of care through nurse visits after ED/Hospitalizations as appropriate.
Preferred/Required Experience, Education, Skills:
• Current Massachusetts Registered Nurse (RN) and Current CPR/BLS required, BSN preferred.
• Excellent customer service and verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to effectively work within both a team setting and independently
• Ability to work effectively with economically, racially and linguistically diverse customers
• Basic computer literacy including knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and familiarity with Electronic Medical Record software.
• Experience in a community health setting and/or ambulatory care or health insurance environment preferred.
Harbor Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.