Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: May 14, 2021
Provides accounting support to the Manager of General Accounting and Financial Reporting. This includes maintaining the general accounting system, and assisting in the preparation of the financial statements and budgets for the Hospital and other subsidiaries of the Health System. Also provides accounting support to Staff Accountants, Senior in these and other applicable tasks for the Hospital and Enterprise entities.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Assists in preparation of monthly financial statements and other necessary/requested financial information in a timely manner.
- Completes daily cash deposits.
- Assists senior staff accountants in monthly general ledger closing process and maintenance of the general accounting system (e.g. account reconciliations, review daily cash summaries, preparation of journal entries).
- Analyzes actual vs. budget variances on a monthly basis and confers with the Manager, General Accounting and Financial Reporting and Director of Finance on all material variances. Investigates variances by communicating with appropriate personnel of entities.
- Analyzes accounting systems and procedures, making recommendations to the Staff Accountant, Senior and Manager, General Accounting and Financial Reporting for improvement of internal controls or processes when necessary. Documents accounting systems/procedures.
- Assists management staff in resolving expense management problems when accounting clarification is needed.
- Assists external auditors and prepares all necessary audit schedules for entities.
- Prepares other financial analyses of entities when requested by the Director of Finance and Manager, General Accounting and Financial Reporting.
- Responsible for assisting in accumulation of information for tax preparers to ensure timely filing of various tax returns ((e.g. Form 990, 990T, 1120), or direct preparation of tax returns in some instances (e.g. personal property).
- Responsible for oversight and accounting of fixed assets for the Health System.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or related field
- One year of related experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)