STAFF ACCOUNTANT 1 FEATURED
METHODIST HEALTH SYSTEM
DALLAS, TX, 75265-5999
Full-time · Day · 8:00
Req # 20059010
The Staff Accountant I prepares journal entries, reconciles and analyzes account balances, and issues invoices and monitors collections.
Your Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Equivalent Work Experience
- Hospital general ledger accounting experience preferred
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Flexible and adaptable to work schedule and any changes that might occur
- Computer literacy required (intermediate Excel capabilities)
- Must be detailed oriented, a multitasker, and able to establish priorities
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and be able to interface with a multi-discipline management staff
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares and records monthly journal entries.
- Reconciles assigned accounts.
- Issues invoices and monitors collections. Researchers and follows up on outstanding balances.
- Maintains and reports on Hospital Unclaimed Property and patient refunds. Works with Central Billing Office to resolve outstanding patient refund items.
- Assists with annual budget process.
- Assists with year-end audit and inventory counts.
- Provides backup assistance during staff absences.
Methodist Health System is a highly revered, leading nonprofit healthcare organization in Dallas, Texas. Named on of the fastest-growing health systems in America by Modern Healthcare, Methodist will soon include 11 hospitals, either through ownership or affiliation. Our wholly owned and full-service hospitals include Methodist Dallas, Methodist Charlton, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson Medical Centers; Methodist Richardson -- Campus for Continuing Care; and, opening fall 2020 Methodist Midlothian Medical Center. Our affiliated physician organization is Methodist Medical Group, which includes more than 50 healthcare clinics, two concierge medicine clinics, an urgent care clinic and a virtual care platform known as MethodistNOW. At Methodist, we strive to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve -- one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we've earned:
- Magnet® designations for Methodist Dallas, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson
- A Best Place to Work 15 years straight by the Dallas Business Journal
- A 150 Great Places to Work in Health care nine years in a row by Becker's Hospital Review
- Military Friendly Employer
- One of three 2019 Top Healthcare Diversity Organizations in the U.S.
- Ranked No. 2 on DiversityInc's List of Top Hospitals and Health Systems in America, 2018
- First member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, since 2015
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist
© 2021 HealthcareSource HR, Inc. All Rights Reserved.