Sr. Sonographer (Registered) "Job Details"
High Point, NC, United States
- 306 Westwood Ave, High Point, NC, 27262, US
09/02/2021, 08:33 AM
Teaches students and staff to perform age appropriate ultrasound examinations by demonstrating proficient use of equipment with a high degree of accuracy in identifying and sonographically characterizing anatomical structures and disease pathology. Utilizes advanced clinical and process knowledge to provide guidance and support to sonographers and departmental staff as requested.
Associate's degree (or Two-Year Professional Program) from an AMA or CMA accredited program in diagnostic ultrasound and three years of clinical experience in General Ultrasound Imaging required. One year full time employment for the Abdominal Ultrasound Department required. Pediatric Ultrasound specialty experience preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography certification in Abdomen and one additional specialty area (OB/GYN, Neuro, Breast, MSK, RVT). CPR certification. Ability to learn and perform Native renal biopsy guidance.
- Performs quality ultrasound examinations recognizing abnormalities and artifacts and taking appropriate action to enhance, eliminate and/or monitor and performing clinical studies in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring consistent workflow and high level of productivity. 2. Maintains coordination of activities with others to accomplish work objectives by assessing and re-assigning sonographers to various locations as needed to meet daily demand and productivity targets. Creates staff work and call schedules as requested by Chief Sonographer. Demonstrates effective teamwork skills to promote a cooperative work environment, assisting others as needed. 3. Provides accurate data and documentation of information for departmental/patient records and utilizes appropriate electronic information system(s) accurately to retrieve and record patient/examination information. 4. Ensures readiness of equipment and supplies to perform procedures including reviewing schedule of procedures to determine specifications for supplies. 5. Ability to respond promptly to emergency calls to facilitate activities between departments to ensure prompt patient care. 6. Participates in ultrasound research practices within radiology and with other hospital disciplines (medicine, surgery departments). 7. Assists Chief Sonographer with ACR accreditation. Acts as a mentor to both new and current staff. Assists the Chief Sonographer in providing education to staff using case study guides and hands-on training sessions. Assists the Chief in preparing in-service presentations. Provides new physicians, residents and fellows with training related to Ultrasound technology. 8. Ensures correct charging of ultrasound procedures and supplies on a daily basis. Assists the Chief Sonographer in identifying and correcting incorrect physician orders and patient charges. 9. Collaborates with departmental leadership to develop, implement and communicate departmental Quality Improvement initiatives. 10. Provides appropriate Patient Family Center Care and adheres to the Patient Promise. Ensures age/developmentally appropriate patient care is provided in accordance with Age-Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served to ensure patient's needs are met.
Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with physicians, staff, and other Medical Center personnel regarding patient care. Ability to communicate with patients of varying age groups. Ability to teach and provide instruction and assess quality of other sonographers? work Strong organizational skills Ability to maintain a positive, effective working relationship with staff and leadership Ability to work in a stressful environment and maintain self-control Ability to use sound judgment in decision-making Ability to multitask and prioritize
Possible exposure to infectious and contagious diseases Potential exposure to risk of blood borne diseases Occasional exposure to unpleasant patient or unit elements Contact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances Subject to varying and unpredictable situations Exposure to housekeeping/cleaning agents and chemicals Pressure due to multiple calls and inquires Subject to many interruptions
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.